Battle Tanks Nederland

BTN is de club voor 1:16 en 1:15 RC BATTLE SYSTEM tankliefhebbers
Het is nu 29 maart 2024, 09:09

Alle tijden zijn GMT + 1 uur

Plaats een nieuw onderwerp Antwoord op onderwerp  [ 8 berichten ] 
Auteur Bericht
BerichtGeplaatst: 10 nov 2013, 18:09 
Hi all,

After yesterday I received and unpacked the package with a Tiger tank at a conversion of suspension and chain tensioner also went off immediately .

Afbeelding

Since I am just ha also build on a new suspension for a Leo fits just perfectly in the conversion of these processes and, therefore, off you go .
First, I must plug the bucket , suitable for milling slots in the rocker arms . The necessary parts I have already cut deal yesterday.

Afbeelding

because the spoon play as possible fit into the slots and should always be the same I makiere the endpoints of the service with a felt pen on the scale rings. I work with digital measurement rails with hand not very happy . So it is easier.

Afbeelding

And I still get a high repeatability .

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

After I have milled all 16 plug- spoon I must be provided with a 3mm hole for the silver steel axle .

First drill with a center drill and then drill ready with a twist drill .

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

What happens if you save the step with the center drill and drill begins with the same you can see here on a scrap .
Links , the runny outside the center hole without centering and right as it should be .

Afbeelding

And so these parts are made ​​before.

Afbeelding

BerichtGeplaatst: 11 nov 2013, 21:14 

I love to see these kinds of scratch building.

Profiel  

BerichtGeplaatst: 13 nov 2013, 18:35 
And it goes a little further.

But first, the tub had to be dismantled.

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

In order to properly store the new axes in the opposite side, I use the holders of the old suspension and drill to screw this on to 3.1 mm.

Afbeelding

How can I measure the necessary length of silver steel rods and cut them.

Afbeelding

Before this I will solder to the plug trays again well sharpened the axes of the solder joints.

Afbeelding

I can solder the parts as I have described it in Bergeleo. Here you can also see how the solder joint has to look beautiful.

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

BerichtGeplaatst: 14 nov 2013, 17:47 
Moving ahead, ....

but first I have today wrapped a few feathers .

I 'm like always on my small lathe with a hand crank.

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

To make the suspension adjustable I have already prepared some collars with a double clamp. In this I must now still make the appropriate hole for the spring. I always do when I need only a collar , I like this even with a tiger mixed suspension with two spring build strengths and therefore different sized holes that still need to be drilled at different distances from the center of the axle .

Afbeelding

And so today I still installed then the axes with the adjusting rings and springs . The stronger springs I built it on the center rollers .

Afbeelding

BerichtGeplaatst: 15 nov 2013, 18:28 
Today, the suspension of the Tiger is far done, but first I have to build the aluminum angle of the pen. This I cut myself from a 10 x 10mm aluminum profile handle appropriately. To them then screw on the bottom of the tub I do moch threads in the angle and thus also hold I have my nmap .

First I makiere the later holes and graininess to it , so that the drill can grip.

Afbeelding

The hole for the M3 thread in this case I drill with 1/10 undersize compared to a normal core hole , ie 2.4 mm and with good pressure.

Afbeelding

The thread then I leave with a finished taps and a cordless screwdriver from the back with plenty of pressure and alcohol.

Afbeelding

In this way, at the top of a push-on edge and a thread is more what is now sufficient for direct bolting the angle .

Afbeelding

After the angles are presented riding for mounting I put them where they are to be bolted in place and makiere the holes in the ground and the support points of the springs.

Afbeelding

To the selected job sites in the soil , I suggest again with a punch from a depression and Drill it with the standing mounted drill. I remove the bottom of the ridge and valley in it . To disappear the screws in half of the tub.

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

After I made ​​even the springs into the holes of the angle should be very tight , I can mount it .

Afbeelding

In between I misunderstand watch but since I 've installed two spring sizes and these are spread slightly in the chassis assembly.

Afbeelding

And so the suspension then assembled and preset looks .

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Since I was asked why I need this time ...... so long at the two wells today I glued all the pieces .

Afbeelding

BerichtGeplaatst: 16 nov 2013, 15:43 
Today, the chain tensioner was our turn and I've also gone through the same eccentric for the aluminum hull , but first I have to build brackets into the tub. For this purpose first the plastic rings are sanded down , because my clamps are much wider.

Afbeelding

And so I turn and Drill the aluminum holders .

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Since I have the brackets Cemented into the tub first degrease and roughen the gluing points . Then I can fill it first brushed with metal glue put into the holes and align with a straight bar .

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Tomorrow they will still fixxiert with a second adhesive holds well on plastic.

For the eccentric I use a 10 x 10mm brass rod that I put the holes for the 6 pieces .

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

The holes for 6mm shafts I file again slightly square , so that the brazing alloy is drawn well and keep the axles .

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

The axles themselves do I feature 6mm silver steel I deburring on the belt sander and the subsequent loop solder joint .

Afbeelding

So I can then reap the eccentric with flux and solder hard.

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

After brazing, I clean the axles and turn the ends .

Afbeelding

So I can once again drag on the belt sander in shape so that they look like a casting.

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

The long axes of the way, I have therefore made ​​that the eccentric can be supported optimally each other in the tub.

BerichtGeplaatst: 17 nov 2013, 17:14 
Today the chain tensioner is finished .

The first fact I have glued the brackets in and outside of the pan with a different adhesive on the plastic holds .

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Outside the excess glue can be cut if this is just wonderful hard.

Afbeelding

Here you can now see how far the axes then reach into the tub in order to support each other as practical without play.

Afbeelding

And so the clamps are then finished inside . The terminal screws are hurting in my M4 mild steel , since this keeps the axes best without them.

Afbeelding

Now the idlers come to the series. First, the axes of 4mm silver steel. The length I from a small washer and solder one end hard on . For this I put the washer on the end of an axis , moisten it with flux and put a very small piece of hard solder into the disc .

Afbeelding

Then I warm the axis from below with a small gas torch until the solder clean axle and wheel connects .

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Then the idlers of the series were . I first drilled with a 6mm drill.

Afbeelding

In this hole a 6mm brass rod is glued in and controlled erwärtmt .

Afbeelding

So I can turn off after 10 minutes and drill a 4mm shaft .

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

After I montert the axes and the idlers had assembled again , the chain can be adjusted track . This works easiest with two aluminum bars inserted into the drive .

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Then I took care of the motor mounting plate . First makiert the positions for the cutouts and then opened with a small blade plate . So you can adjust the suspension now fitted with gearboxes.

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

BerichtGeplaatst: 19 nov 2013, 17:27 
And Today the reconstruction of the Tiger is ready ...

But first I have to screw the engines in the new steel gears.

Afbeelding

Then I first the joy that once again only a single screw is a screw on the mounting plate and this is also about 1mm too far inside.

So the file out a hole slightly , and a second mating hole in gear and mounting plate attached to the I then cut a M3 thread .

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Thus , the transmission and now sits just at the right place .

Afbeelding

To check the chain again used a track bar.

Afbeelding

Before mounting two tracks Loctite on the mounting plate .

Afbeelding

So the transmission does not shift so much and still goes well again .

Supports where the axle I do not screw again . The old holes do not fit anymore and when I put the screws firmly wedged it gladly and clamps the axle. So I have my glue method. First, I need a piece of wrought epoxie .

Afbeelding

Side of the tub I paint a thick layer of Pattex .

Afbeelding

Then I push the support bearings on the axle lightly oiled and put a ring on Knetepoxie the camp.

Afbeelding

Then I Stülpe the countershaft cover and press on the swelling clay with a screwdriver inside of .

Afbeelding

But the bonding surface has to dry overnight before being charged , then it holds but is also outstanding and to get back on anyway.

So I can then drive the wheels and the strut on the gear units .

Afbeelding

Yet set the suspension and checked the chain track one last time.

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

The chain is a little short. With the chain tensioners I am at vordesten stop so the idlers are very high, but that may change its owner then quite quickly .

Afbeelding

So far everything is ready now and tomorrow goes back to its owner.

Plaats een nieuw onderwerp Antwoord op onderwerp  [ 8 berichten ] 

Alle tijden zijn GMT + 1 uur