Battle Tanks Nederland

BTN is de club voor 1:16 en 1:15 RC BATTLE SYSTEM tankliefhebbers
Het is nu 29 maart 2024, 05:53

Alle tijden zijn GMT + 1 uur

Plaats een nieuw onderwerp Antwoord op onderwerp  [ 39 berichten ]  Ga naar pagina 1, 2, 3  Volgende
Auteur Bericht
BerichtGeplaatst: 24 sep 2013, 15:54 
If I succeed here is a joint report produced construction, first for a drive bassis which should surpass the previous ways the behavior of the suspension and the drive clearly and can then later be built in many variants.

But first I need the one I cut from a block of aluminum alloy shaft corresponding to the band saw.

Afbeelding

Outside it is getting so 66.66 x 28.81 x 24.41 mm, but at a cutting of about 85% if I succeed.

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Next, I position the component using an edge finder to two holes to really precisely set.

Afbeelding

After I hit the right coordinates, and have a little pre-drilled so that the gun drill obtained its leadership, I drill two 3mm holes absolutely parralelle the 66 mm deep through the block. The canon is to drill absolutely necessary as a normal drill at this depth estimated at 2 mm above this level.

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

I then milled the top of the first level and then do a round with 6mm radius.

Afbeelding

With a 6mm router will talk to one side of the segments milled.

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

I work as the bottom, but leave in the middle of the guide bar are blank.

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

As far as times to the present.

BerichtGeplaatst: 27 sep 2013, 16:43 
On the chain link today I occupied myself with the cutouts. This takes time, as the members are indeed a good fit and exactly later.

I milled the day with a 3mm router with abundant use of cooling lubricants.

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

And so it looks after two hours from then.

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

BerichtGeplaatst: 28 sep 2013, 16:09 
It goes on ....

Today I drilled and milled only the notches on the lateral fins, the difficulty was that these are arranged inclined to the member.

after I had determined that of Issues on the drawing I could hit the 4 holes with the coordinate table and drill the ends of which a 2.9 mm hole.

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

After I determined the exact location and extent of the cutouts with the holes I could clamp the blank corresponding to a straight line between the holes and carefully milled out with a 2mm diamond cutter.

Afbeelding

After I have the whole then even prepared the rough with a file, it now looks like this. The real finishing takes place only when all milling operations are completed, but it will take some time. That was what you see here today again 2.5 hours work.

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

BerichtGeplaatst: 01 okt 2013, 15:48 
And it goes back a little bit further.

To be able to mill out and file the openings in the chain link clean I drill the corners as a boundary with a 1.5 mm drill. The positions of the holes do I find out my CAD drawing again, and then they go on to coordinate table.
But first I must find the zero point of two axes with an edge finder.

Afbeelding

So I can now drill the first two lateral openings of the bottom of the chain link.

Afbeelding

For drilling the middle breakthrough I turn around the limb, there is in this way in the guide bar and the breakthrough is right below this.

Afbeelding

To see all the holes now out of the top.

Afbeelding

Since I still have a little time I milled the first breakthrough times already grossly out with the diamond cutter. The work I'm doing fine then later with a file.

Afbeelding

So you also get a little insight about how expensive something is ...... today I have used for about 2.5 hours.

BerichtGeplaatst: 02 okt 2013, 16:06 
Today it was again about 2.5 hours which have brought me a little further.

First I milled the second breakthrough coarse.

Afbeelding

The next step was the finer milling of breakthroughs in the series, which the first part is the actual contours. And I've missed me but at a level which is not bad anyway, I still have to trim with wood filler in some places, so you can not mill and file the chain link.

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

The guide bar must of course also be edited and so gets its slopes.

Afbeelding

Since this is also broken through relatively complicated and I can not mill it directly I drill 3 holes in first.

Afbeelding

Then I fräses into a breakthrough from the top to the guide bar.

Afbeelding

The gross irregularities I file ever from the guide bar. The work I'm doing fine only if all milling operations are completed so far.

Afbeelding

BerichtGeplaatst: 08 okt 2013, 15:47 
And again, it goes a little further on.

Yesterday and today I have the milled rhombus-shaped recesses. For this I must span the link several times, since the remaining webs do not run in a straight line to the component. Centered is the only straight and was quickly processed accordingly. For everyone else, I've studied again so about 2.5 hours.

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Now that I have everything edited in link with the router, I can now mill off the pages appropriately.

Afbeelding

And so the chain link looks currently. Next to it is to compare a scale 1/16.

Afbeelding

So you can slowly start working with the fine belt sander, file, triangular scraper and emery cloth.

BerichtGeplaatst: 10 okt 2013, 15:09 
Now were the last small milling of the series .

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

The works on the chain link to be fine now , piece by piece .

The outer curves I could still do with a belt sander .

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

The works are always fine now . Now I keep working to get the inner curves with different files.

Afbeelding

And so the chain link then again after about 2 hours seems to work.

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

But there is still much work into the chain link and I'm still stuck in the rough work , although slowly so it looks like I imagine it .

BerichtGeplaatst: 10 okt 2013, 18:59 
BTN Site Admin
Gebruikers-avatar

A lot of work and waste material for just one piece.
If you make these in series its a total waste, would't it be smarter to cast them and refine them?

Still: fantastic piece of work.

Regards,
Jan

Profiel  

BerichtGeplaatst: 11 okt 2013, 15:42 
Now I had almost forgotten to cut a small groove on both sides of the web , but that was quickly rescheduled .

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

But then start working fine .

First I degreased the chain link clean . The cooling lubricant so leave a fine film of oil on the surfaces.
Then all defects with 2k auto Feinspachtel coated .

Afbeelding

Once the putty was hard I started to edit them with a rubber polishing wheel on the larger areas very carefully at low speed. As far as the for today.

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Tomorrow I have worried me thin polishing points with which I can then edit the difficult areas .

Basically, I 'll edit the link largely smooth. I was able to with one of my regulars at the local entertain the Panzer IV was Komandant . The chains were delivered then provided mainly black with some kind of protective coating and were among the very fine cast by pretty smoothly . Moreover, his statement was that the chain looked after 2km in soft ground anyway as polished .

BerichtGeplaatst: 12 okt 2013, 15:41 
And it goes on with the fine work .
Now this I am also taking a big magnifier for help.

Afbeelding

I've still polishing pins and worried with this , I can now edit the last twisty corner carefully .

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

After the first cleaning was primed to better recognize where I need to reproduce .

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

A few small points there is I do not like . This I have to split again .

Afbeelding

How can I get a little more careful with the polishing donate rework .

Afbeelding

And priming again . Now, the link looks like this as I imagine it . I realize this is not all surfaces perfectly designed , but light waves and depressions left as well as a coarser surface in the recess of the guide web .

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

BerichtGeplaatst: 13 okt 2013, 15:18 
Now the link should now be ready for molding, but I've probably made ​​it a bit early to release gas into the furnace. There is again a small tear came I still have to fix, but this is no great action.

Afbeelding

The casting I will first try without centrifugal casting. By the size of the limb, it might work. If it does not work then I can make the form required for centrifugal casting another master.

My mold is just barely big enough ....

Afbeelding

BerichtGeplaatst: 16 okt 2013, 19:07 
And on it goes with the insanity as someone has so beautifully expressed , but also with method.

First, the mold lining with baking paper . Thus, the silicone stays nice and separated from the mold .

Afbeelding

I do not use silicone 2 K , but sheet goods which is then cured with heat .. This is to be processed as clay and later gets their properties .

Afbeelding

And so do I embed the link in the form .

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

It is then simply baked in a small oven . However, you should do it because of the sweet smell preferably outdoors.

Afbeelding

And so you can now see and edit the Vulcanized form .

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

However, I 've seen here that the chain I can not pour with this type form . I'll need through the rather complicated chain link at least a three-part form, and it is too cumbersome as the number of individual members to pour clean, but one learns from it.

That's why I still cast a first attempt , although there was no usable member.

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

The necessary ventilation channels I no longer appropriate . In addition one must try several fonts, but I can see how the elements fit together later and I 'm satisfied.

Afbeelding

So used any more time on this method and for my centrifugal casting machine built ready because I can make this in a cast with a minimum of 6 members and certainly have no problems with the finer Struck doors.

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

And here is the test run. Everything works and I can control 0-1800 rpm .

Afbeelding

BerichtGeplaatst: 17 okt 2013, 17:07 
Now I 'm just happy to have made ​​it my master completely of aluminum . It is stable and does not damage the molding . So I can use it just as often .

Nothing the defiance I will now use a three-part silicone mold for resin chemical molding to create .
This has several reasons .

The silicones used for centrifugal casting are substantially stiff and with only two parts to the chain links without damaging the shape hardly see . So I can try it but quite simply as the best division of the form might look like.
I need at least 6 master for a meaningful spin cast .
Resin has been found within limits suitable for pressing and baking my shape silicone and I can just pour limbs.

So I now have faith in the first half mold from plasticine and Lego bricks . However, there remains a lot of work as the master to embed into the putty so that a usable surface and clean dividing lines arise .

Afbeelding

Once the link is embedded clean I have to pull up only the edge with Lego blocks and can pour the mold with something harder quality silicone mold .
For the other parts I'm thinking to use something soft silicone .

Afbeelding

I let the first be at least until tomorrow now .

BerichtGeplaatst: 18 okt 2013, 15:30 
If I include the so together it is around 40 hours I needed for the link .... : Sig :

But with the silicone mold for Resincasting it also goes further. Today I poured the second of three moldings. Once the basic shape was the most time consuming it is now a little easier and faster with each part.

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

BerichtGeplaatst: 24 okt 2013, 16:26 
After I first had to order and wait for the new shape silicone delivery let us go on .

I reassembled the Lego box and installed Eifll ventilation funnel made ​​out of plasticine and then poured the previously two -part form .

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

The new silicone is slightly faster , smoother and it looks like it did not like the other problems with the plasticine. The surface remains smooth and unlike the previous unimpressed.

[ img ] http://up.picr.de/16260376um.jpg [/ img

So I still do not like the shape , but I did not expected that I do it right the first time . Nevertheless, I now pour even a link from resin . Let's see how it is . But I will put the stock bars back first into the mold.

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

Now I have to wait until tomorrow first again .

Plaats een nieuw onderwerp Antwoord op onderwerp  [ 39 berichten ]  Ga naar pagina 1, 2, 3  Volgende

Alle tijden zijn GMT + 1 uur